21 July 2015

This blog needs a reboot

This blog needs a reboot. That much is clear.

For a long time now, I have been reading more than I've ever read before, yet I have not written about these eclectic and brilliant texts on this blog. This is because I was writing about them during lectures and seminars, and in essays.

Now I have the time to read for pleasure, so I am returning to this memory-tool. (Theuth called writing a potion for extending memory).

This blog is in disrepair. The posts were not of a quality I am happy with. There are many drafts of potential posts - notes and scribblings describing ideas and opinions I no longer believe. These have been purged. Posts below this one reflect an old version of me. Above this post is another version: the me of 'now'.

Catch-up of the last few years:
I've read the occasional book for pleasure. One's that stand out include Neil Gaiman's The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes, John Green's The Fault In Our Stars, and more. All great.
During these few years I have studied Shakespeare, popular Victorian literature, contemporary and 20th Century American Literature, Science-Fiction and Fantasy, a little bit of poetry (Ginsberg, Baudelaire) as well as many areas of philosophy (a particular interest in political philosophy has developed, which was always bubbling under the surface).

From here on in, I present a diary of The Things I'm Reading, and maybe some other collected thoughts. I hope I can keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment